Behavioral Support Services
Positive Behavior Support Services can help individuals with challenging behaviors to fulfill their goals and dreams by teaching constructive replacement behaviors by using a proactive and positive approach. This service is available to people with developmental disabilities through the following funding sources: CIH Medicaid waiver, FS Medicaid waiver. What are Positive Behavior Supports?
- Teaches and encourages respectful, responsible behavior.
- Are proactive and focus on understanding the reason for challenging behavior, teaching alternative skills, and meeting individual needs.
- Sets a positive tone in building new skills.
- Supports a collaborative team approach.
- Can range from a simple assessment of behavior and intervention to a multifaceted assessment and intervention planning for individuals with significant behavioral needs